Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zeeshanb

Can't display the visual

Hi,

When I edit he power bi report in poerbi service, I am able to see the data in the visual.

But as soon as I save the report, I am getting message "Can't display the visual"

Did anyone encountered such error ? can you please help me out over here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi v-janeyg-msft,

Thank you for your reply. But the report was buit in my account and I had owner & built both permission, but still I was not able to see the report content.

I beleive that there was some issue from PowerBi side due to which this error was happening. Because next day when I ran the report the issue was automatically resolved.

I still don't know the root cause for it, but I came to a conclusion that it was certainly not related to permission issue.

Regards,

Zee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Zeeshanb 

After my search, It's probably a problem of permissions. You need to confirm that your permissions in the workspace are at least member or contributor: 

And whether you have build permission for the dataset: Setting the right permissions for users of composite models - SQLBI.

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

Hi v-janeyg-msft,

Thank you for your reply. But the report was buit in my account and I had owner & built both permission, but still I was not able to see the report content.

I beleive that there was some issue from PowerBi side due to which this error was happening. Because next day when I ran the report the issue was automatically resolved.

I still don't know the root cause for it, but I came to a conclusion that it was certainly not related to permission issue.

Regards,

Zee

@Zeeshanb  It may be a network problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors