Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

agwalsh1812
Helper I
Helper I

Can't create an embed code to share a public report

I want to create a link that has public access. I have uploaded a report to Service. I have gone to File | Embed report | Publish to web.  It tells me to "contact your admin to enable embed code creation".  I go to Settings | Tenant Settings and Publish to Web - Enabled for the entire organisation. Block Public Internet Access is disabled for the Entire organisation. What am I missing? Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @agwalsh1812 ,

to achieve this:

TomMartens_0-1685351003271.png

It is required that the following options are set in the tenant setting like so:

Block public internet access

TomMartens_2-1685351656676.png

And publish to web

image.png

You also have to check the limitations, meaning when the "Publish to web" function is not available: 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#considerations-a...

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge, if not provide screenshots.

Regards,

Tom

P.S.: I'm tired of mentioning that "Publish to web" comes with security concerns" 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @agwalsh1812 ,

to achieve this:

TomMartens_0-1685351003271.png

It is required that the following options are set in the tenant setting like so:

Block public internet access

TomMartens_2-1685351656676.png

And publish to web

image.png

You also have to check the limitations, meaning when the "Publish to web" function is not available: 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#considerations-a...

Hopefully, this helps to tackle your challenge, if not provide screenshots.

Regards,

Tom

P.S.: I'm tired of mentioning that "Publish to web" comes with security concerns" 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

I had nearly all those steps - grrrr. The one I had missed was to tick the box to allow new and existing codes.. It's now working fine. Thank you so much. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors