Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DiegoScalioni

Can't create a new Power BI service account

I've just created a new e-mail of new domain, and when I try to create a Power BI account for the first time, I recieve the message:

"No momento, sua organização não permite que seus usuários comprem Microsoft Fabric free. Contate seu administrador de TI para obter mais informações." ("Your organization does not currently allow your users to purchase Microsoft Fabric free. Contact your IT administrator for more information.")

But I'm the admin, and I've never accessed the Power BI account before with this email.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @DiegoScalioni 

Given that you're the admin and this is your first attempt to access Power BI with this email, please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Verify Your Office 365 Tenant Settings: The message indicates a restriction at the tenant level. Please ensure that your Office 365 tenant is configured to allow users to sign up for apps like Power BI. You can manage this setting in the Microsoft 365 admin center under >Settings >org settings > services > user owned apps and services  . Make sure the option to let users access the Office store and allow users to purchase apps is enabled. 

vjialongymsft_1-1708394335944.png

2. Check Power BI Service Settings: As an administrator, you also have control over specific Power BI settings within the Power BI Admin Portal. Ensure that the settings allow for the sign-up and purchase of services. Navigate to the Power BI Admin Portal, and under Tenant settings, verify that the settings related to sign-up and licensing are appropriately configured to allow new users to create accounts. 

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @DiegoScalioni 

Given that you're the admin and this is your first attempt to access Power BI with this email, please try the following steps to resolve this issue:

1. Verify Your Office 365 Tenant Settings: The message indicates a restriction at the tenant level. Please ensure that your Office 365 tenant is configured to allow users to sign up for apps like Power BI. You can manage this setting in the Microsoft 365 admin center under >Settings >org settings > services > user owned apps and services  . Make sure the option to let users access the Office store and allow users to purchase apps is enabled. 

vjialongymsft_1-1708394335944.png

2. Check Power BI Service Settings: As an administrator, you also have control over specific Power BI settings within the Power BI Admin Portal. Ensure that the settings allow for the sign-up and purchase of services. Navigate to the Power BI Admin Portal, and under Tenant settings, verify that the settings related to sign-up and licensing are appropriately configured to allow new users to create accounts. 

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors