Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Can multiple people refresh the dataset for reports

Hello, I am working with a pwer bi pro account
When i post the reports to the one drive and other people try to download them and refresh the dataset they get errors 

Is it possible within power bi to ppost a report in one drive, and then have multiple people be able to download that dataset or refresh and to the dataset?

each user that has tried is a owner of the report and has full access rights, its just when downloading and try to view the data they cannt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Johnny-Mclawdog 

If the users have the member or admin role they too can refresh a dataset in the Power BI Service.

Just note as indicated you have a Power BI Pro license which means you can only have 8 scheduled refreshes a day no matter which user refreshes the dataset. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Johnny-Mclawdog .

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Johnny-Mclawdog ,

If  role  in workspace is Admin,Member, Contributor,user could refersh the dataset.And what error info you get?

vluwangmsft_0-1639118380296.png

Best Regards

Lucien

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Johnny-Mclawdog 

If the users have the member or admin role they too can refresh a dataset in the Power BI Service.

Just note as indicated you have a Power BI Pro license which means you can only have 8 scheduled refreshes a day no matter which user refreshes the dataset. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors