Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

drewmcspy
Frequent Visitor

Can Viewers on a PowerBI table extract table to excel?

Hi All

I have a created a stardard data table in my PowerBI desktop that I have published as a stand alone table to my PowerBI online workspace where certain people have Viewer access. I would like to give them permission to extract the table into excel so they have do further work to the list if they wish. Is this possible or can it only be extracted as a pdf? I can only see the "Analyse in Excel" option which is something I don't want because it extracts to a pivot which doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks

Andrew M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m13eam
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi - on the outline of the table visualisation itself, there should be ellipsis/3 dots that, when clicked on, provide an "Export data" option:

m13eam_0-1663856914523.png

Does that provide what is required?

If that option is greyed out then it's likely that either a tenant setting (controlled by your PBI admin), or a report setting (controlled by yourself in PBI Desktop: File > Options and Settings > Options > Current file: Report settings > Export data) is disabling

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
m13eam
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi - on the outline of the table visualisation itself, there should be ellipsis/3 dots that, when clicked on, provide an "Export data" option:

m13eam_0-1663856914523.png

Does that provide what is required?

If that option is greyed out then it's likely that either a tenant setting (controlled by your PBI admin), or a report setting (controlled by yourself in PBI Desktop: File > Options and Settings > Options > Current file: Report settings > Export data) is disabling

Yes, it seems to be the answer I was looking for. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors