Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I update a text title to a report already published to PowerBI App

I have a published PowerBI App that is distributed to various people within my organization. I recieved a request to update the text title each week for each slide.

Basically, each week I need to be able to go into the App and change the Text Title to the current week #.

I am having the hardest time trying to figure out how to update text in an already published App. I tried updating the text withing the dataset within the workspace but it only shows the update in the workspace dataset and not in the published App.

Is there a way where I could update text on a weekly basis and it reflect on the app without having to re-publish new versions of the app each week? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a measure to dynamically display the text value you are looking for and use that measure for the title. As you say, you need to update the app after changing the title on the report for the updated text to be seen in the app.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
djurecicK2
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can create a measure to dynamically display the text value you are looking for and use that measure for the title. As you say, you need to update the app after changing the title on the report for the updated text to be seen in the app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors