Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MiquelPBI
Helper I
Helper I

Broadcast Message

Is there a way to set up a "broadcast" message on a report, dashboard, or within an app?  A "broadcast" message is a method of delivering a general message to consumers while they're in Power BI service.  The message could, or would need to, appear on a report, on a dashboard, or somewhere in an app.  Is functionality like that availalbe in Power BI service? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use a regular text or smart narrative visual (or a tooltip) and feed it from a file you maintain on a sharepoint.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MiquelPBI
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for confirming @v-xiaoyan-msft .  Thank you for the tip @lbendlin .

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MiquelPBI ,

Currently, Power BI service does not have a built-in feature to set up a “broadcast” message on a report, dashboard, or within an app. 

As a workarounds you might consider:

You can set data alerts on tiles in your dashboards. These alerts notify you when data in your dashboards changes beyond the limits you set. However, this is more of a data-driven alert system rather than a general broadcast message.

Power BI service integrates with Microsoft Teams, allowing you to share links to reports or dashboards in a chat. This could be used to broadcast messages to a team, but it’s not exactly a broadcast message within Power BI service itself.

You can schedule and send Power BI reports by email. This could be used to send messages along with reports, but again, it’s not a broadcast message within the service.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use a regular text or smart narrative visual (or a tooltip) and feed it from a file you maintain on a sharepoint.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors