Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fackert18
Frequent Visitor

Blank Visuals when Cross Filtering on Matrix using Calculation Groups

I have a matrix that utilizes cacluation groups, with the matrix visual filtering on select items from the group.  In desktop, when i click on a row from the matrix, the other visuals cross filter as expected. However, in the PBI Service, when I click on a row to cross filter, the other visuals are blank.

Using web-edit in the service, I discovered that if i remove all filters of the calculation group on the matrix, the cross filtering works.

I suspect this is a bug since it works as expected in Desktop, and I just started noticing the issue recently in the Service. I have NOT made edits to the report since it was working in the service and when we started noticing the issue in the last week or two.

Screenshot 1: PBI Desktop. Default view. No cross filtering applied. Note my calculation group with filters for the matrix.

fackert18_1-1701973296222.png

Screenshot 2: PBI Desktop. Clicking on a row from the matrix, confirming the cross filtering is applied to the visuals near the top of the page.

fackert18_5-1701973523157.png

Screenshot 3: PBI Service, same cross filter applied. Visuals are blanked out.

fackert18_3-1701973452859.png

Screenshot 4: PBI Service, edit mode. Removed the calculation group filter, clicked on a matrix row, and the cross fitlering is successfully applied.

fackert18_6-1701973609595.png

Anyone know what might be happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fackert18
Frequent Visitor

This issue seems to have been resolved in the service after about a week. No changes on my end, so guessing MS did something on their side.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
fackert18
Frequent Visitor

This issue seems to have been resolved in the service after about a week. No changes on my end, so guessing MS did something on their side.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors