Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

teaguejs
Helper II
Helper II

BigQuery DirectQuery - New Error as of Today - ODBC: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error

Hi,

I've had a group of 4 or 5 PowerBI Reports that have been working for months with no setting changes. All of a sudden today I am now getting an error stating ODBC: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Access Denied.

None of my data will load, and the dataset I am retreiving is from DirectQuery in BigQuery.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FYI the solution ended up being in the Direct Query settings to set the billing project as the same name as the project you input for the Big Query settings.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @teaguejs ,

1. Whether this issue happens in Google BigQuery connector, not ODBC connection

If this issue only happens in Google BigQuery connector, have you tried to use ODBC connector to connect to the same table in the same source to check this issue, see:

ODBC and JDBC drivers for BigQuery  

2. Power BI Desktop versionWhat is the Desktop version? Please try to use previous version of Power BI desktop and try again:
    Previous monthly updates to Power BI Desktop and the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Here is a similar thread that may helps you:

NEW BUG: Bigquery connection error - DataSource.Er... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FYI the solution ended up being in the Direct Query settings to set the billing project as the same name as the project you input for the Big Query settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors