Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

safifaruqi
Helper I
Helper I

BI App Refresh Issues and Dial Gauge Visual Issues

Hi Guys, 

There are two different apps that are giving me issues. When I implement any changes to the PBIX be it adding new measures or visuals. When I go into Power BI webservice and try to update the app. I get no errors but my app does not refresh ? My data does refresh typically but the pbix does not push through any changes to visuals, slicers or new tabs added to the PBIX.  This has only happened with 2 out of the 8 reports we have deployed on the webservice, but its been a real pain to update, I have been reluctantly unpublishing and republishing the app to capture the changes. Needless to say this has been a pain in the backside for a while. The other 6 apps have no issues what so ever and can be easily updated. 

Furthermore, I am facing some issues with the dail gauge visual in webservice, everytime I refresh the data on the app my dial gauges go blank as if there is no underlying data, the needle stays at 0. This is not the case in the PBIX where the refreshes go through the and dial gauges work fine post data refresh.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-jayw-msft thank you for your response. 

As it turns out this seems to be a microsoft issue as the connection from the sharepoint list and powerbi webapp is malfunctioning, the shift through slicers the data blanks out in all visuals not just dial gauges but also tables. a ticket with microsoft has been lodged. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @safifaruqi ,

This seems to be an issue of Dial Gauge Visual, you may report this issue.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381184?tab=Reviews 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jayw-msft thank you for your response. 

As it turns out this seems to be a microsoft issue as the connection from the sharepoint list and powerbi webapp is malfunctioning, the shift through slicers the data blanks out in all visuals not just dial gauges but also tables. a ticket with microsoft has been lodged. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors