Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

v_mark
Helper V
Helper V

Azure Active Directory in Power BI

We’re needing visualizations of service accounts, including the most recent password change date, the OU that the account is in, as well as whether or not the account is a member of a specific AD group.

I've found an MS Doc and followed the steps underneath, unfortunately I don't see Azure Active Directory Logs anymore

Azure Active Directory meets Power BI | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Can someone confirm if the steps written is no longer exist? 

and probably leads to UPDATED Documents that we can use to achieve this certain requirement?

TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v_mark ,

According to my understanding, there are many documents about the content of this blog you mentioned. To integrate Power BI into your custom application, you need to define an application within Azure AD, which requires an Azure AD directory.  

check the following link:

Create an Azure Active Directory tenant to use with Power BI embedded - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Secondly, to get the corresponding content, you need to go through the custom connector, and the other content that can be obtained can be found in the following document.

Graph Explorer - Microsoft Graph

Create a custom connector from scratch | Microsoft Docs

Here is a sample link: DataConnectors/MyGraph.pq at 0621c3d7e7cc4d32df2193e0d5ebfb488f344453 · microsoft/DataConnectors · G...

For additional documentation on Azure Active Directory Logs, you can refer to the following link.

Stream Azure Active Directory logs to Azure Monitor logs | Microsoft Docs

Log Analytics integration with Power BI and Excel - Azure Monitor | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @v_mark ,

According to my understanding, there are many documents about the content of this blog you mentioned. To integrate Power BI into your custom application, you need to define an application within Azure AD, which requires an Azure AD directory.  

check the following link:

Create an Azure Active Directory tenant to use with Power BI embedded - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Secondly, to get the corresponding content, you need to go through the custom connector, and the other content that can be obtained can be found in the following document.

Graph Explorer - Microsoft Graph

Create a custom connector from scratch | Microsoft Docs

Here is a sample link: DataConnectors/MyGraph.pq at 0621c3d7e7cc4d32df2193e0d5ebfb488f344453 · microsoft/DataConnectors · G...

For additional documentation on Azure Active Directory Logs, you can refer to the following link.

Stream Azure Active Directory logs to Azure Monitor logs | Microsoft Docs

Log Analytics integration with Power BI and Excel - Azure Monitor | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @v_mark ,

Have you taken a look at this one:

Power BI and Active Directory for System Administrators (biinsight.com)

?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors