Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ehag

Azure AD group members can't view report through portal

Hello. We have an access problem using AD Groups in PowerBI.  We have created a Security group in Azure Active Directory with external emails who are guest members to the tenant. 

Then we have shared the power bi report to the AD group. The report is in a premium workspace. 

We have a power app portal with the report embedded in as an iframe. When the group members access the report through the portal it prompts them to login then redirects to powerbi.microsoft.com without showing them the report. 

Why can't the group members see the report? 

When I share the report to a single member directly through the share function on the report, they can see it through the portal.  Any ideas on how to let group members see the embedded report? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ehag

Update: the group now seems to be working, I tried resharing it with the group and when I checked back later my group members could see it. I did nothing specific, so maybe it was just taking a long time for permission to update.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ehag

Update: the group now seems to be working, I tried resharing it with the group and when I checked back later my group members could see it. I did nothing specific, so maybe it was just taking a long time for permission to update.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @ehag 

If you are using Power BI Premium, how are you embedding into an iFrame, are you using the Secure Embed option as shown below?

For free users to be able to use the Dashboards/Reports it has to either be shared directly or via an App as far as I am aware. I do not think it works embedding into an iFrame.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for the reply! I do not see the picture you said was "shown below", but I used the iframe embed code found on the report under the file tab. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors