Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alisea_MI
Advocate III
Advocate III

Autorefresh a Browser, Where a Large Screen Report is Displayed

Hello, Community!

We are displaying a report on a large screen. The report is refreshed every 15 min. We use ?chromeless=true to get more space.

The current issue is that even if the data in the report is refreshed. the browser needs to be reshed by someone manually by clicking on the F5 button.

Is there a way of having both browser refreshed automatically?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alisea_MI 

You could try the chrome plug in called revolver which will cycle through each tab and in the settings you can get it to reload the page

Revolver - Tabs - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DMiradakis
Advocate II
Advocate II

Chiming in a bit after the fact, but great question.

I actually built and used to maintain my own Power BI Chrome extension for this sort of thing, I think it was the best one at the time, but even then it was unreliable and hacky at best. Mine was a Javascript autoclicker, but it broke all the time whenever the Power BI Service website would change it's HTML code. You'll probably run into session timeout/login issues, as well - lots of people do. They also are extremely limited in functionality and dont' really "save" slideshow plans for you. Regarding a refresh, there are some browser extensions to do this, but you'll likely want your Power BI report or dashboard in fullscreen mode (which Revolver will not do), and you may want some sort of tab rotation/slideshow mode, too (also not suppored by Revolver).

I really don't recommend these Chrome extensions to anyone anymore.

So I decided to build a custom app for Power BI that's better, it's called Displagent. It has a lot of nice features you can read about on its docsite, but among the various things it does, one is that autorefreshes are taken care of for you.

You can build Report Slideshows (extremely popular), Dashboards, Slideshows, or Compound Slideshows (mix & match any number of the first two) and set refresh intervals in the app. What's also nice is that it uses an Azure App Registration and Power BI service account, and it stores and encrypts your credentials on your own machine (very secure), so you never run into manual login/session timeout issues. Autolaunch to a slideshow on machine startup/reboot is also supported.

There's lots of other features, too, so check it out or message me if interested. Hope that helps somewhat!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Alisea_MI 

You could try the chrome plug in called revolver which will cycle through each tab and in the settings you can get it to reload the page

Revolver - Tabs - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors