Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Danielnir
Helper II
Helper II

Automatic refresh of data through gateway not working

Hi,

I have a problem with setting up an automatic refresh to one of my reports. Whenever I'm hitting set up refresh button in Power BI service, an error pops out:

error.png

In the desktop Power BI report is refreshing as normal without any problems. I've checked all datasets' credentials and they are all ok. I went to check the gateway connections and they're looking like that: 

error 2.jpg

It doesn't allow me to apply changes that I've made (mapped sharepoint datasets for gateway). 

I'm loosing my mind over this issue! It had automatic refesh set up in the past. Then it stopped working and it's now looking like this. No significant changes were made.

Any idea what went wrong? 

2 REPLIES 2
Danielnir
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for your reply @ibarrau,

Mentioned option is enabled and I've set those datasets to go through the gateway but It won't even let me save it as apply button is greyed out. It's a strange issue and I'm still trying to figure out what happened there.

Thanks,

Daniel

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Try keeping cloud sources out of the gateway for improving refresh performance. If you don't It can create conflicts sometimes. Let's check if that helps on this scenario.

Go to gateway settings and be sure to have this option enabled:

ibarrau_0-1678896542623.png

Then you can open the schedule refresh and set the Data Source Credentials for Cloud sources like sharepoint.

Another Tip. Be sure to connect to sharepoint files using the same method. This means if you want to use web.content to the file, keep it consistent for all files. Don't use sharepoint.folder for a file, sharepoint.content for another and finally web.content for the last one. The engine will solve better if you keep a single way of connecting the same source.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors