Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fara
Regular Visitor

Auto refresh doesn't work why laptop is locked

Hello,

I have set up the gateway on my laptop. and I have a dashboard sourced in Oracle. Auto-refresh is working when the laptop is on, but when I lock my laptop it's not working, and I receive a failure notice in my inbox as: "Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached".

Could you help fix this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fara ,

As mentioned above, the cause of whether the refresh is working or not is whether the configured gateway is working properly (properly connected to the network state). The following settings can be made on the local system:

vhenrykmstf_0-1646794554527.png

In the case of laptops, you can set "No action is taken when the lid is closed"

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Fara ,

As mentioned above, the cause of whether the refresh is working or not is whether the configured gateway is working properly (properly connected to the network state). The following settings can be made on the local system:

vhenrykmstf_0-1646794554527.png

In the case of laptops, you can set "No action is taken when the lid is closed"

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information and let me know immediately. Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

venal
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Fara ,

Please refer the below link for more details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-install#related-considerat...

If it is resolved your query, Make it as accept as solution and click on thumb icon.

@venal 

nitishsh91
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Fara 

If you are using personal gateway to refresh reports then you have to make sure your laptop is always on otherwise it's better and advisable to install on-premisese gateway on an always on VM so you don't have to worry about your machine being locked.

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make sure that Laptop is not going to Sleep or Hibernate Mode after sometime when you lock it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors