Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MarkPeeters

Auto refresh Refresh visuals on power bi template app

Hi ,

I am building a powerBI report and turn it in to a powerBI template app. Datasource is a Dataverse table through direct query.

This report is entended to be shown on a screen on the wall . Far away from any hands that can grap a mouse and click on the refresh button.  Is there any way the auto refresh the visuals in this template App. Or do i have to arrange that through a chrome extension or something like that. But a chrome extension refreshes the entire page. Basically what i am looking for is a script that simulates the manual click on the refresh buttton.

But i find it hard to think that does not allready exists.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Mark Peeters

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello! Click anywhere on the canvas that is blank on the report page that you want to refresh, go to the visualization page, go to Page refresh and you can set how often you want the page to refresh:

audreygerred_0-1713882720865.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarkPeeters

Hi Audrey,  I did that allready but  it does nit seem to work when you have Power BI camvas apps. 

Were you able to create a power BI convas app where the visuals get automatically refreshed?

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello! Click anywhere on the canvas that is blank on the report page that you want to refresh, go to the visualization page, go to Page refresh and you can set how often you want the page to refresh:

audreygerred_0-1713882720865.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Audrey, thank you for your reply. It turns out that it is working afterall exept the timing settings are immediately  overruled to every 30 minutes , which is no problem at all for the application we are making.  Thank you. So with testing and settings to every 30 seconds i looked like it was not working. Waiting for half an hour dit result in the auto refresh of the visuals.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors