Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soarryan
Frequent Visitor

Auto bulk export of reports to specified location

We have reports published to Power BI Service with slicers that filter by category. There are 1000+ category values. There is a requirement to periodically export a PDF for each category value and store them in a specified folder location.

Is this possible to do with Power BI Service? I know that a similar thing is doable with subscriptions, but this supports email delivery. Can Power BI Service do automated exports of reports to a folder?

3 REPLIES 3
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

There's a brand new Power Automate action for creating dynamic subscriptions of paginated reports that MIGHT do it (I haven't used it yet), Guy in a Cube did a video on it here: The Secret to Data-Driven Dynamic Subscriptions in Paginated Reports - YouTube

You could absolutely put the outputs of any of the Power Automate actions into SharePoint locations, though, and you can for-each loop them on pretty much anything you want... so if the new action doesn't work  for this you can probably use one of the older paginated queries to dynamically query and export based for-each of the categories in a list of categories. 

Thank you! I will look into this video.

Would you know if this type of functionality be doable with regular reports, or only paginated reports?

The pushing it to PDF in automation is a paginated thing I think. If you want it to look like the report did, anyway. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors