Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Are objects interactive with cross filtering? (Can I click a line point and have it filter..?)

Do all objects support cross filtering now so that if you have a pie chart clicking a wedge filters the rest of the objects or a line chart clicking a line point or bar, etc... ?

I know the states on maps do that but what about other objects?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

As there are many visuals can be used in Power BI, including built-in visuals and custom visuals. It will be hard to say if all visuals support cross-filter. I would rather to say cross-filter is depended on visuals themselves, some visuals( pie chart, map,....) support cross-filter, others don't support( tables, matrices,cards, gauges,.... ) and they can be only filtered by other visuals.

In your scenario, I would suggest you check signs in each visual after click Edit Interaction to find which visual can be only affected by others, or whether it can support cross-filter.

q2.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @OneWithQuestion,

As there are many visuals can be used in Power BI, including built-in visuals and custom visuals. It will be hard to say if all visuals support cross-filter. I would rather to say cross-filter is depended on visuals themselves, some visuals( pie chart, map,....) support cross-filter, others don't support( tables, matrices,cards, gauges,.... ) and they can be only filtered by other visuals.

In your scenario, I would suggest you check signs in each visual after click Edit Interaction to find which visual can be only affected by others, or whether it can support cross-filter.

q2.PNG

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

All visuals except tables, matrices, and cards have cross-filtering functionality. All visuals except slicers are affected by cross-filtering actions of other visuals. Slicers cross-filter other slicers.

Ninja edit: Lines charts will cross filter other visuals if there is a field in the legend area for the line chart. Clicking a line will cross-filter other visuals based on that legend entry, not on the point on the x-axis.

Hi,
I am having a problem of cross-filtering between a shape-map and a bar chart.
Every bar represent a region of a country, but if i click on a region in the map or on bar in the graph
I am getting different behaviour.
I would need the map to keep the saturation info, even when filtering on the graph,
is there any way to set that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors