Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

CSayaxang
Frequent Visitor

Are Alerts always active? do you need to stay logged in?

Hi,

Need some help please with the question in the Subject line.

Here's what happened: I have an alert set to a tile that is associated to a Schedule Refresh that runs at 7AM, 11AM, and 3PM. The tile basically gives me a numerical value using hours and the alert is triggered when the value is above 0. So the numerical value would change to 7, 11, and 15 throughout the day. I use this Alert to trigger another action using Power Automate. I initially created the Alert prior to 11AM. I received the notification (plus email) at 11AM and 3PM after each Scheduled Refresh. I then logged off for the day. The next morning I logged in at 8AM to check if the Alert was triggered. My 7AM Scheduled Refresh successfully ran, causing the value in the tile to change. However, I did not receive a notification or an email indicating that it changed. I don't know why this happened. Probably a stupid question, but does it have anything to do with the fact that I logged out?

Any help would be great

Thanks

Choua

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

No, that shouldn't matter about being logged off. Odd. You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I just checked on my 3PM schedule refresh and my Alert did not get triggered. I'm logged on right now. Probably a bug. I'll create a support ticket.

Hi @CSayaxang

It seems that your gateway was off during this period,would you pls check whether you have run the gateway?

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Thanks Greg! I am going to monitor it tomorrow morning again to see if I run into the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.