Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gandhia
Helper I
Helper I

App audience's access rights

Hi, 

I have an app, and there is some audience added. Does they (audience) have access to and view of the filters? 

If yes, and if I would hide filters in PBI Desktop, they won't see and use filters, is this right solution?

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoeBarry
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Gandhia 

They will will be able to see the filtre pane unless you hide it in Desktop, you will need to repeat this for all tabs in the report.

Thanks

Joe

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gandhia
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for quick response! And when I have done it in desktop, need publish again to dev --> deploy to test --> deploy to prod --> update app, right? 🙂

If that's your process, then yes

Thank you so much! And the very last questions: Hiding filters doesn't effect to their functionality?

And in other words, the Audience of the application is "only-viewers", because if they can edit app, they can also see the filters although those are hidden. Am I right?

Thank you for your time and helping me. I really appreciate it!!

It won't change their functionality, The end user just won't be able to see them. I personally hide them as it will reduce the user from asking questions about why the data is wrong, because they misclicked something

JoeBarry
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Gandhia 

They will will be able to see the filtre pane unless you hide it in Desktop, you will need to repeat this for all tabs in the report.

Thanks

Joe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors