Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

App Permissions Access not saving

Hi,

I have an issue with an App not saving a additional distribution groups/ individuals added when trying to update.

The actions I took were: 

• I created an App (from a new workspace)
  • In permissions I added a mix of individuals from my organisation and distribution groups (which contain individuals from my organisation) - in total there’s only 5 or 6 - it does not exceed the 100 user or group limit
  • I click publish app and it saves the list of users and distribution groups fine
  • I then go back into the app permissions and added another distribution list and other individuals - I click update App and it appears to save
  • I then go back into the app permissions, but the latest distribution list/ individuals I just added are not saving

Has anyone else come across this issue or know why this is happening/ how to resolve it?

I am aware if you try to give an individual app permission that is already a workspace member then they do not appear in the app permissions as they will already have access. However, in this case it’s a distribution group or individuals that are not workspace members that’s being added.

Thank you for any feedback.

5 REPLIES 5
TrentAssist
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous Did you ever find out what was causing this?

My team and I are having the exact same problem as you. It's inconsisntent though. Sometimes after 5 or 6 tries it 'sticks' but very rarely on the first time.  

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

I would imagine that it should save those users.

How long are you waiting to go back and add additional users?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ,

Thank you for the reply.

It was about a week between adding the first set and second set of users.

Thanks,

Did you ever find a solution to the permissions issue?

That should not be the case and I have not seen that working like that in the past?

Does anyone else have access to the App Workspace that could have made changes.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.