Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

omartineztr
Frequent Visitor

Any ideas to workaround dashboard

Scenario: I work in a big company with operations in multiple countries. We have developed a number of reports that helps us with different processes. Each report has its own purpose, but all have a filter/slicer to select a specific country.

We are trying to create a dashboard containing the most important visuals from each report, but we need to be able to select a country and to have this dashboard update all the viz according to the selections.

As far as I have read, there is no way to create a filter in a dashboard in Power Bi service, Has anyone figured out a workaround for this requirement?

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omartineztr ,

There's no such feature currently, you may consider to submit this idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ 

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
HenriqueReis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, there's a way to do it, but...

It's very exaustive

Create a page for each country

HenriqueReis_0-1653819529956.png

Then create a lobby page where you can put links to each country, and in its page, you put just the graphs you want to show.

Regards!

Thanks, I also thought about this too, but as you mention it is very high maintenance, we'll figure something out. 

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@omartineztr 

A dashboard provides a general overview of the content you are interested in seeing. The detail of a particular visual can be found by clicking on it, which then takes you to the origin of that visual.

At this time, Power BI service does not allow you to pin any slicers to the dashboard. You can only select Pin Live Page, the entire report page.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Thanks, I already knew this, I was hoping someone has already find a solution for this since it looks like a quite nice to have ability.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors