Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Freewilly3d

Analyze in Excel - report data not matching web

One of the models I have developed in powerbi desktop does not work with "Analyze in Excel"  The excel workbook reports different results than are on the .com site.  Some measures have different values and some do not have any values in excel.  I've double checked that I'm using the same filters, same measures. Any suggestions on how to debug this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If it were me, I  would start either at the top or bottom and work down/up introducing new filters until something is different. Eg

create a matrix and simply add "total sales".  Do the same in Analyze in Excel with a pivot. Of course the number should be the same. Then add year, territory etc one at a time until you find out what is different. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You might also want to download the latest Analyze in Excel Updates from PowerBI.com. I had some issues resolved by updating. It should prompt you automatically. At the very least, it removes a potential variable from your issue.

Treb Gatte, Power BI Red Carpet Partner | Microsoft MVP | Twitter | Blog | Blog 2

If it were me, I  would start either at the top or bottom and work down/up introducing new filters until something is different. Eg

create a matrix and simply add "total sales".  Do the same in Analyze in Excel with a pivot. Of course the number should be the same. Then add year, territory etc one at a time until you find out what is different. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not without some sample data to play around with and try to replicate the problem.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors