Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Sipaikanth
Regular Visitor

“Analysis Services: The connection either timed out or was lost.” at Power BI Service

Dear Team,

I am encountering an issue during the scheduled refresh of my Power BI model in the Power BI Service. Specifically, I am receiving the following error message:

Data source error:{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AnalysisServices: The connection either timed out or was lost."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AnalysisServices"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"10.14.0.40</ip>;Project Summary"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"DataSource.Error"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Project Summary.
Cluster URI:WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:8c5f940b-d722-478d-b64a-4781499aed52
Request ID:039d3938-1fc3-b5f9-ad5f-d07b2b8c4c0b
Time:2024-03-08 02:02:47Z

Interestingly, when I manually refresh the model, it sometimes succeeds, but at other times, it fails. Additionally, some datasets that share the same data sources are successful after the scheduled refresh takes place.

Could you please guide me on how to address this issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your attention.

3 REPLIES 3
Sipaikanth
Regular Visitor

SQL Server Analysis Service and some files from Shared drive

Are you attempting to merge them in Power Query?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

AnalysisServices: The connection either timed out or was lost.

What's your actual data source?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors