Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

An issue with publishing a report to sharepoint

Hi, I am having this issue with publishing the report to a sharepoint site. Can anyone help to advise what went wrong? Thanks a lot!

We followed the steps of https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-report-spo - Embed your report part.

It's the same report and the old link was working perfectly fine. We recently moved the report to another workspace and generated a new SharePoint Online link. But when we copied the link to sharepoint, fields below didn't automatically load... After publish, the part on sharepoint is just a blank spot.

BelindaLiu_0-1647010018788.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hrm... the next thing I would look at is permissions, but since you should have permissions and proper licensing to both SharePoint and the Power BI report, that doesn't seem to be it.

Can you put it in an unrelated SP site as a test?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, after checking, it's due to our colleagues didn't grant the permission properly. Now the issue has been solved after permissions were granted. Thanks for the advice!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
edhans
Super User
Super User

To be clear, you are getting the SharePoint specific embed URL to do this? It won't work with the URL from the browser.

edhans_1-1647014780633.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, we used the SharePoint specific embed URL.

Hrm... the next thing I would look at is permissions, but since you should have permissions and proper licensing to both SharePoint and the Power BI report, that doesn't seem to be it.

Can you put it in an unrelated SP site as a test?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, after checking, it's due to our colleagues didn't grant the permission properly. Now the issue has been solved after permissions were granted. Thanks for the advice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did, same issue. The report won't load. We are going to double check the premissions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors