Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

computeronix

Always choose the latest last read

Is there an option where I can choose the last read automatically.  Basically right now to filter a page of reports and to prevent Sum and other aggregate functions from adding on past reads. I force a page filter of only one past read is selectable at a time. Unfortunately I have to manually update that from time to time.

Anyway to automatically force the last time read to be selected for the page filter?

2 REPLIES 2
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@computeronix unfortunately power bi does not allow measures to be used for filters yet and so we can't exactly do what you after but I think of other way. you need to include datetime column in your dataset that will be updated with each refresh. so once your refresh starts happening you will have different datetime values in that column. Then in your visual (say for example table visual) sort by that datetime column so that latest values appears at the top and so you're seeing latest read values first.

Thanks for the workaround however this does not work when using the sum function as it counts all read values.  This is why I have to specifically select a date / time to filter on and nothing else.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors