Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

henryvu93
Helper I
Helper I

Admin role in Power BI Service

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding online PowerBI service: Does global admin role in PowerBI have access to all personal workspaces of employees in the company? Is it possible to create a workspace which is confidential and only invitees can have access to it? Thank you very much!

Regards,

Henry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @henryvu93,

>>Does global admin role in PowerBI have access to all personal workspaces of employees in the company?

Current only users himself can view the personal workspace, global admin not have permission to access their workspaces.

>>Is it possible to create a workspace which is confidential and only invitees can have access to it? 

You can create a group workspace and setting privacy to private, I think it will suitable for your requirement.

Manage your app workspace in Power BI and Office 365

Notice: global admin not means they can direct access all group contents, it only means they have permission to modeartion these groups.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @henryvu93,

>>Does global admin role in PowerBI have access to all personal workspaces of employees in the company?

Current only users himself can view the personal workspace, global admin not have permission to access their workspaces.

>>Is it possible to create a workspace which is confidential and only invitees can have access to it? 

You can create a group workspace and setting privacy to private, I think it will suitable for your requirement.

Manage your app workspace in Power BI and Office 365

Notice: global admin not means they can direct access all group contents, it only means they have permission to modeartion these groups.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thank you very much! This is very helpful!

Regards,

Henry

bajee
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi,

If your O365 admin or power bi service admin what ever App work Spaces are created by employes those work spaces you can access and modify.

if you create a new workspace in power bi service if you have given the access to users then only they can able access that particular workspace.If you give them as a admin role they can also edit and delete the reports and dashboars inside the app workspace.If you give the member role with view only access they can only view the reports and dashboards inside the app workspace.

Regards,

Bajee.

Hi Bajee,

Thanks for your reply. I guess it's not possible to create a confidential workspace which the admin can't access then (I am unfortunately not the admin) 😞

Regards,

Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors