Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

steven-myers
Frequent Visitor

Adding Embedded Paginated Power BI Report in Teams Tab now produces error

HI.

This Issue started late last week, July 8th or 9th timeframe,  I am trying to add a Tab to a team for a Power BI Paginated report and I am receiving the error "You can't view this content".  When I go into Power BI Service I can view the report just fine,  The Reports are  in a Premium Workspace and I am the Admin.  Earlier Last week July 5th through July 7th. I was able to add tabs with no issues.  Those tabs still work and were from the same workspace. 

6 REPLIES 6
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @steven-myers ,

This issue has been fixed. Please check if it works in your scenario.

Best Regards,

Icey

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @steven-myers ,

Embedding a report in Microsoft Teams or sending a link to an item doesn't automatically give users permission to view the report. You need to allow users to view the report in Power BI

Would you please refer to the known issue in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-collaborate-microsoft-teams#know...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi,  I am receiving the error, not users,  I am the admin of the workspace and the owner of the report.  

Hi @steven-myers ,

In your original post, did you mean that you can embedded nomal reports well in teams instead of paginated reports?  Would you please check if you have  at least an A4 subscription in your power bi premiumn. Embedding Paginated Reports on Generation 1 required at least an A4 SKU and with Gen 2 we can embed paginated reports from A1 SKU onwards.

For more details, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/embedded/embed-paginated-reports-customers#creat...

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Hi @v-deddai1-msft 

We have an E3 Premium License in a Gen 2 environment.  I submitted the issue to support and they are working on the issue.  

Hi @steven-myers ,

The microsoft team has reproduced the issue. The issue is being fixed.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors