Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jakki
Frequent Visitor

Adding Differing Targets to a Combo Chart

Hi Community,

Fairly new to Power BI and hoping you will be able to help.

I have a chart showing staff activity and would like to include a target line (each person has a different target, as shown in the images attached).

When I add the highlighted column to the Line Value this gives me 1 total value for each user.

Any help you can offer would be apprecaited.Screenshot 2020-09-17 135144.pngScreenshot 2020-09-17 135759.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jakki ,

Sorry for replying late. Based on your description, did you mean when you put the column into the line value field, it just show a single value, not each corresponding value for each user?

If so, please check the aggreation of the column should be Sum:

aggre.png

By the way, how did you create the chart visual? The field in the chart seems not match with the data table. I have attached a sample file in the below based on the above sample data. If the above not help, maybe you can consider sharing a dummy .pbix file or modify my sample file, it could help you better to solve this issue.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately this didn't work.

I've attached a copy of the chart and also an example of the fields being used in each of the tables.  Relationships are all set up accordingly.

Any further help apprecaited.Screenshot 2020-09-21 102345.pngScreenshot 2020-09-21 102316.png

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jakki ,

Based on your sample picture, I could only guess there is a relationship between [UserCode] field in Users table and [CreatedByUserId] filed in Leads table. If I got it correctly, that could be the problem.

Please check the crossfilter direction of this relationship is both instead of single.

crossfilter.png

If the direction is single, you could get all the same value for each user, when you change it to both, the value should be correct.

single directionsingle directionboth directionboth direction

About crossfilter direction, you can refer this document: Cross filter direction 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors