Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BSLATTER
Helper III
Helper III

Adding AD security groups to PowerBI app workspace

Hi all,

I have an active directory group created that is synced to my organizations Azure AD. It is a security group in AD.

According to doc https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces

I should be able to add this security group as a member to my workspace (the new app workspace in PowerBI). I do not see it however. Is there any other constraints I should be keeping in mind?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @mwaters4

I would check with your Active Directory team and ask them to double-check the AAD syncs. In my case it turned out to be an issue where an OU was not being synced.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BSLATTER ,

I should be able to add this security group as a member to my workspace (the new app workspace in PowerBI). I do not see it however. Is there any other constraints I should be keeping in mind?

Could you post an screenshot here? Were you able to type into security group? Did you get any error message?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

What would you like a screenshot of? When I try typing in a Security AD group (any) none of them are populating in a new App Workspace, or in the old way workspace method.

I just get an error that this isn't a valid email if I try to tab it in anyways.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you solve this? I have the same problem

I seem to be having the same problem... just created a new workspace and cannot add a security group nor office 365 group to the ACCESS list for the new workspace... Anyone have a resolution?

Thanks

Hi @mwaters4

I would check with your Active Directory team and ask them to double-check the AAD syncs. In my case it turned out to be an issue where an OU was not being synced.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors