Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

anon6
Frequent Visitor

Add OneDrive to a workspace. SharePoint Communication site.

Hi I'm using Power BI Service. I am an admin. 

I have a new workspace that I'd like to add a Workplace OneDrive to.

Workplace OneDrive: (optional)Workplace OneDrive: (optional)

The site library will not appear here. It looks like I created the site as a communication site and not as a team site.

I'm guessing that there's no way to link this libary to Power BI Service. Because you don't specify site URLs in the OneDrive box, you specify email addresses for group sites. 

This workplace has been around a while. It has a lot of dependencies so I'm not going to do anything that will break the existing connection between datasets and this site. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
anon6
Frequent Visitor

The answer is no.

There's no way to upgrade a Communication site to an Office 365 Group, and therefore no way to set a communication site as a OneDrive site for a workspace. You can, however, type that URL in every time that you need it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
anon6
Frequent Visitor

The answer is no.

There's no way to upgrade a Communication site to an Office 365 Group, and therefore no way to set a communication site as a OneDrive site for a workspace. You can, however, type that URL in every time that you need it. 

fpk3

Thank you for your attempt. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Modern workspaces no longer come with a Onedrive/sharepoint attached - that was  a thing for Classic workspaces.

Technically it doesn't matter - you can use whatever Onedrive you want, and store source files there.

What are you trying to achieve?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors