Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

maria_fernanda
Frequent Visitor

Actualizacion incremental

Buen día

Alguien que me pueda ayudar a saber, si pongo actualización incremental en mi flujo de datos dicho que mi flujo de datos trae información del mes corriente y le pongo actualización incremental a 31 días para que me valga guardando la información pero si un ejemplo mi mes tiene 29 días que pasaría en mi flujo de datos si le puse actualización incremental de 31 días

alguien que pueda ayudarme con esta duda, muchas gracias

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maria_fernanda ,

From what I understand, you are asking what would happen if you set an incremental update of 31 days for a data flow that only brings information for the current month, but if the current month has fewer than 31 days. Is that correct?

The incremental update in Power BI data flow is used to update the data incrementally. If you set the incremental update to 31 days, it will update the data for the last 31 days. If the month has 29 days, the data flow will still update the data for the last 31 days.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Incremental Refresh partitions work differently from what you would expect. In your case you will have at times 60 daily partitions until they are consolidated into monthly, quarterly and annual partitions.  All this happens behind the scenes and should not be a concern to you.

Advanced incremental refresh and real-time data with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Micr...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maria_fernanda
Frequent Visitor

Muchas gracias fue de mucha utilidad y si me funciono 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Incremental Refresh partitions work differently from what you would expect. In your case you will have at times 60 daily partitions until they are consolidated into monthly, quarterly and annual partitions.  All this happens behind the scenes and should not be a concern to you.

Advanced incremental refresh and real-time data with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Micr...

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maria_fernanda ,

From what I understand, you are asking what would happen if you set an incremental update of 31 days for a data flow that only brings information for the current month, but if the current month has fewer than 31 days. Is that correct?

The incremental update in Power BI data flow is used to update the data incrementally. If you set the incremental update to 31 days, it will update the data for the last 31 days. If the month has 29 days, the data flow will still update the data for the last 31 days.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors