Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scocal123
Helper I
Helper I

Accessing reports from another organisation

Hello,

My organisation has Power BI Premium Capacity. We only assign Pro licenses to report developers.

A team wants to access a report from another organisation on their Power BI service, but it is not hosted in a Premium capacity meaning they require a Pro license. Is this the only way they will be able to access the report, and can the Pro license be assigned to their account on the other organisation's system, without it subsequently giving them a Pro account on our Power BI service? 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Scocal123 

If they do not have Premium then the option is to have a PRO license to see the report.  Therefore, they have to buy them or you have to buy them and share the userid that gets the license.  

BUT, if you have assigned a license then they can use that userid as the shared userid.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Scocal123 ,

When you share the report with them, you can share it with their userid from their company - the one that has the license.  So, if you are sharing a report/app from a non-Premium workspace then you share to the userid that has the license - whether that is their organizational userid or your own that you assign to them.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thank you for the reply! Apologies I dont think I explained myself well. A company that is not mine, who does not have Premium, wants to share a report hosted on their tenant with colleagues in my organisation who do not have a Pro license. Is there a way for them to share this with colleagues in my company who do not have Pro licenses? I am unsure whether a Pro license applies to the user ID across orgs, so if a Pro license was assigned to my colleague via my org, would this allow them to view content that requires a Pro license in another org?

Hey @Scocal123 

If they do not have Premium then the option is to have a PRO license to see the report.  Therefore, they have to buy them or you have to buy them and share the userid that gets the license.  

BUT, if you have assigned a license then they can use that userid as the shared userid.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors