Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

neilmercer
Frequent Visitor

Accessing Fabric Lakehouse from external web app

Hi,

I have a simple Lakehouse set up with a couple of tables ingested via a Dataflow.  Everything is working fine within the Fabric portal.  I can use the SQL connection string to connect to the database via SSMS.

I would like to be able to query the database from an C# Asp.net Core web application.  The application is registered in Azure AD as an App, and the App is a member of a security group that has Contributor access to the workspace in which the Lakehouse resides.

When attempting to connect to the SQL Endpoint, I'm receiving an error saying the connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  

Does anyone know how to access the SQL Endpoint from code, or can point me at an example? I've been through a lot of the Fabric documentation but couldn't find anything that seemed to relate.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Swathi0545

Hey!
I found the below post, which helps to query Fabric Lakehouse using Python. 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/programmatically-query-microsoft-fabric-lakehouse-brice-baro

rsingletonvel

Experiencing a similar issue but with Python. Did you resolve this or find a work around? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors