Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dheer1610
Frequent Visitor

Access Snowflake using SPN

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Snowflake with SPN on power bi service. But to do that I need to generate a token and token validity is 1hr only.

How can I extend the duration or set it different way so, that I don't need to generate token again and again.

Is it possible to use gateway and SPPN to connect Snowfake.

SPN is only allowed in our organisation due to the security policy. 

1 REPLY 1
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dheer1610 ,

I guess that you are getting Azure AD token by using a service principle name, and it should an access token based on Azure AD. To extend the lifetime of the toke of SPN, you may refer to this official document: Set lifetimes for tokens - Microsoft identity platform | Microsoft Docs. You need do it with latest Azure AD PowerShell Module Public Preview Release. But if you would like to use gateway to authenticate to your data source with SPN, which is not supported currently.

Power BI Ideas is a website where our product team will collect the needs and suggestions from users and take them into consideration when designing or improving our product. You may have a look at the following idea in Power BI Ideas, and vote or add your comments with details for it. Thanks in advance!

Link of Power BI Idea that may be useful to you : https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=da0d6588-4b7c-45f4-b39b-a70491c483a8

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors