Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

meiwah
Resolver I
Resolver I

Access Granted at App but not reflected in Report

Hi,

I've granted rights to an user at App level but the user still can't access the report in this app. I've updated the app. At the report level, I've checked under the manage permission but the user is not found in the list. I've tried with few other users, it is the same scenario happens. 

It used to work. When I grant user access at App, he will appear under the manage permission at the report level. 

Is there anything which I missed out doing? Thanks! 

14 REPLIES 14
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Did you add that user to the audience which has access to the report?

Hi Ibendlin, I've added the use to the App, audience. But the user can't access the report. And I've check at the permissions at the Report level, the user is not in it too. Thanks!

Did you send the app link to the user?  They need to "install" the app once to see content inside it.

Hi, this is not a solution 

I have unmarked the solution. 

Remove the user from the app / audience , update the app, then add the user back in, update the app.

Hi lbendlin, the user access by the App link. Thank u very much for the fast reply!

meiwah
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

Yes, I'm using the audience mode and visibility of report enabled

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you switched the workspace to Audience mode? You need to enable visibility of reports for each audience in your app separately.

Hi Ibendlin, it is in Audience mode. And the report is visible to the audience

Has the user clicked on the app link? Did they see the "Installing app" pop-up?

Hi lbendlin, I've given the app link to the user and the user click on the app link. The problem is when I add grant a user access at the app level for a particular report. The same access is given to the dataset of this report but not to the report. It happen for all users not only 1 user.

Should have asked this earlier - this is a premium workspace, right?

Hi Ibendlin, yes my workspace is on a premium capacity. Thanks for helping me ! 🙂

You can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors