Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tishchenko
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

About "Select All" in slicers

1. In slicers with short list of items (f.ex. slicer with 2 items: "Yes", "No"), "Select All" items looks "unnecessary". 

So, my users need "option" in slicer, that enable/disable new "Select All" item.

2. My users need another "option" for slicer to change mode from "Multi select mode" to "Single select mode" like in PowerView.

I'm realy don't understand, why slicers works only in "Multiselect mode"? For example, user want change month in slicer from "Jan" to "Feb". In current multiselect mode user must do two action: 1.Click on check-box "Feb" to select. 2. Click on "Jan" to unselect, instead one-click on "Feb" item (like in PowerView reports).

4 REPLIES 4
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

hi, you might have noticed that slicers now support both these options! You'll find it in the formatting pane for the slicer. Thanks!
PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Here you go. New custom slicer visual release.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/10/27/visual-awesomeness-unlocked-the-chiclet-slicer.as...

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

+1 on the comment for "2)" single select in a slicer is a HUGE ask for every one of the clients we've implemented Power Bi for.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

+1 on this...Need to hide select all and option to make checkbox work as radio button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors