Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

db042190
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

AI and PBI

Hi , I'm poking around PBI's Q and A , Key Influencers etc mostly on the desktop right now.

Are Q and A, Key Influencers, Decomp Tree and Narrative the extent of power BI's AI functionality.  I get that you can then do  these kinds of things in the service depending on the author's intentions.

But i was always under the impression that AI kinds of things in pbi require special licensing.  And i get that the desktop is free.  But here i am getting answers to questions from these intelligence products without the service.  Where (if at all) does licensing restrict AI kinds of experiences?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @db042190 ,

Thank you for @GilbertQ  answer , and I have other suggestions for you:

On desktop, we can also use copilot for most of the AI features, but these also require premium licences.

vxiandatmsft_0-1714629776395.pngvxiandatmsft_1-1714629807337.png

Below is the official link will help you:

Create reports in Power BI Desktop with Copilot - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @db042190 

All of the things you are testing out is available in Power BI Pro, Premium Per User and Premium Capacity licensing. You pay for it with your license.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

thx Gilbert, but my understanding is that the desktop doesnt care what license you have.  so i guess what i'm getting at is "if a user sticks to the desktop for their own analyses, are they pretty much seeing all there is to see AI wise?".   

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors