Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

ylchanivy

A user not able to view one of the visuals in apps despite being granted access on report& dataset

Hi everyone, I received a user feedback mentioning that he could not view a bar chart (Sales vs Profit Bar Char)  in the apps i updated 2 weeks ago. I check with other audiences with the same app and workspace permission level and they are able to view the full report & visuals. I did the following checking and troubleshooting steps but still the bar chart is not shown at the user's screen. Can anyone suggest other ways to troubleshoot or resolve this? Thanks!

1) Removed the user from Audience in Power BI Apps

2) Remove the user access from workspace

3) Adding the user as an audience 

4) Checked in Power BI Desktop, no RLS is created

5) Clear Cache for both Chrome & Edge browser

6) Sending the user an app link to open in his browser 

p1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Resources Exceeded", sounds more like an upgrade or scale up needs to happen. It could be his machine or the workspace. Also it could be a measure you added lately to the visual that needs optimization, the size of the semantic model is too large and needs some attention like removing the unecessary columns.

The page of the report also could be a problem if it contains too many visuals and queries...

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ylchanivy

Hi @aj1973 for sharing your suggestion.

We tried

1) to clear cache of his browser again and also use another browser (Edge and Chorme) however the visual still not able to display on the screen,

2) We also tried to remove the user's license and grant the license again, the issue still persist.

3) When user tried to clear filter selection, an error message prompt mentioning about "Resources Exceeded" as below. We are on Pro license instead of Premium.

Has anyone encoutered this before? Thanks!

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

"Resources Exceeded", sounds more like an upgrade or scale up needs to happen. It could be his machine or the workspace. Also it could be a measure you added lately to the visual that needs optimization, the size of the semantic model is too large and needs some attention like removing the unecessary columns.

The page of the report also could be a problem if it contains too many visuals and queries...

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ylchanivy 

The user needs to clear the cache of his browser or use another browser. Edge is best recommended for Power BI.

If he is the only one with this issue then it is at his end.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.