Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

omnia_saleh
Helper I
Helper I

power bi report server metadata

1- Are tables for each report in power bi report server read from and store in ReportServer Database In SSMS ?
2- If this table Store How can i access this tables?

6 REPLIES 6
josef78
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Depeneds on type of report.

For Power BI reports, there is information only on connection level (for each connection used in report is there type of source, server and so on). But not on table or query level (this information is inside blob of pbix file in enhanced metadata format, and is not directly accessible in ReportServer database via SQL query)

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @omnia_saleh ,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you please rephrase or provide more context? Are you saying that you have information that reports are being generated from a Teradata database, but you don't have access to the tables in that database?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

in ReportServer database store each report and come from any database like this report1 come from teradata this informatin store in a table [dbo].[DataModelDataSource]

Are tables for each report in power bi report server read from and store in ReportServer Database In SSMS

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @omnia_saleh ,

Yes, the metadata for each report in Power BI Report Server is stored in the ReportServer database in SSMS. The ReportServer database contains tables that store information about reports, data sources, schedules, subscriptions, and other objects.

For more details,You may refer to Solved: How Report server store and run the Power BI repor... - Microsoft Fabric Community

As for the second question,hope these threads help.

Extract Power BI metadata to manage datasource changes – Find it EZ

Metadata scanning - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

ReportServer database contains tables that store information about reports, data sources, schedules, subscriptions, and other objects. Each report comes from tables within specific databases. Are these tables stored in a ReportServer  database?

i have information that each report read from any database read from teradata as example but i dont have read from any tables in teradata

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.