Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

paginated reports interactive parameter dropdown lists not displaying data

From 2022-03-31have interactive paginated reports stoped display data. The reports has worked before.
PaginatedReport_RDL.JPG

After I choose parameter values from dropdown lists (From, To and Organisation) and push <View Reports> nothing happends .
It seems like report is not running the query. 
The problem seems to be,
that the choosen parameter values in the dropdown list is not used in the query.

If I manually enter the the values in parameter boxes, if works, sometimes.

I have tried to use different web browsers (Edge, Chrome, Fire Fox and Opera) and have the same issue.
The "Power BI Embedded" service is Gen.1 in Prod environment and Gen.2 in Dev environment.

When I use the local .rdl file, everything works.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Microsoft has advised they are working to correct the issue.

A work-around that appears to be working for us is the following:

When you select the parameter, do not use the type ahead feature, but instead scroll through the list to the item you want to select and click on it.  When you do this the parameters are used as designed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamiejenkins How is the status of the Microsoft ticket? Any updates?

The work-around works but every user have to mange how to do it.
Have a nice easter.

jamiejenkins

Same issue with my paginated reports.  We had our first reported issue on 3/31/2022.  

Select Item from Parameters list; report runs but the data returned is incorrect (not limited to the paramters selection made -- almost like the parameters is null when it gets to the stored procedure).

The stored procedure runs correct with manually declaring the paramter choice.

The loal RDL files runs correctly.

The published report does not run correctly and the embedded report does not run correctly.

FYI I've opened a ticket with Microsoft to see if we can resolve the issue. I'll update with any new information I get.

Microsoft has advised they are working to correct the issue.

A work-around that appears to be working for us is the following:

When you select the parameter, do not use the type ahead feature, but instead scroll through the list to the item you want to select and click on it.  When you do this the parameters are used as designed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.