Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RaghadYousef
Regular Visitor

opening Power BI Dashboard from Web Service URL

While Opening Power BI Dashboard from Web Portal URL works fine, however when attempting to open Power BI Dashboard from Web Service URL, an error occurs: "The operation you are attempting on item '/Test 01' is not allowed for this item type. (rsWrongItemType)". How to come over this issue ? Is opening Power BI Dashboard from Web Service URL Supported or not?

RaghadYousef_0-1690897889574.png

(Note: I'm using Power BI report server January 2023)

3 REPLIES 3
RaghadYousef
Regular Visitor

Please provide a reference from Microsoft that it's not supported. 
What i am trying to do is I have a Power BI dashboard hosted in Power BI report server that I want to open it from my web application using the web service URL.

@RaghadYousef wrote:

What i am trying to do is I have a Power BI dashboard hosted in Power BI report server that I want to open it from my web application using the web service URL.

So you could do that using the same approach as you would for embedding in Sharepoint as outlined here Embed a Power BI Report Server report using an iFrame in SharePoint Server - Power BI | Microsoft Le... this uses the portal URL not the webservice one.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@RaghadYousef wrote:

Is opening Power BI Dashboard from Web Service URL Supported or not?

No, it's not supported.

But what are you trying to achieve as there may be another approach?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors