Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rasha_Abdullah

issue with Power Bi -The service is not available

We configured Power Bi report server but we had below issue when broswsing to our reports

"The service is not available.

Could not connect to the server. Please check your network settings and try again later."

I tried to seach for articles regarding the same issue , but I couldn't find any helpful information to solve my problem.

Awaiting your urgent feedback and support.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

So I would start by remoting on to your server.

First open the Report Server Configuration Manager and confirm that it says that the server is running and if it's not try and start it. If it fails to start you will need to check the log files which are usually stored in the following folder "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles" 

If the service is running then try and connect to both the portal and web service addresses on the local machine. Connecting to localhost will bypass any firewall or networking issues and check that the service is operational. If you've used the default settings they will be found at the following addresses. If you've changed the default virtual directories for either of these services you will need to adjust the following urls accordingly 

http://localhost/reports - Portal (logs to RSPortal_*.log)
http://localhost/reportserver - WebService (logs to ReportingServerService_*.log files)

If either of the above fail you should check the associated log file for errors. Note that the Portal calls the Webservice so if that is not working neither url will function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.