Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

QuestionMark
Regular Visitor

get data from published report on premise server

PBI report can get data from published report on cloud using power bi service. we do not use cloud yet. is it possible to get data from published report on premise server? in this case we can reuse the data model.

Thanks,

Wei

4 REPLIES 4
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Power BI Report Server allows you to create Power BI Reports that connect to several data sources both on-prem and in the cloud without having to use the Power BI Service. When you say you want to reuse the Data Model what is the scenario your trying to achieve? Thanks!

Matt M.

Once a PBI report is publisehd on PBI report server. Can I create a new report to reuse data model in published PBI report on the server?

I can use power bi service to get data from the data model (data set) in PBI report on cloud. Do we have similar feature on prem?

Thanks,

Wei

Hi,

Just looking for an answer to this question. I am trying to understand if data models used in reports in the power BI report server can be re used in other reports. (Only power BI report server in question here because cloud will not be used in our organization). Can someone please answer. 

Thanks!

Unfortunately this is not supported for the on-prem server right now; however I would encourage you to submit the idea here or up vote it if it already exists.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.