Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maik73

When I open a report via browser multiple logins are required

Hello,

since I updated out Power BI Report server to Version Sept 2022 the users need to enter there credentials multiple times when they open a report with a browser. Parts of the report are visible and then the next login window appears.

Until now I didn't find a cause for this and need your help. 

Thanks, 

Maik

2 REPLIES 2
maik73

Solved:

The settings for the MDS website in IIS had to be corrected. Specifically, the configuration of the "Authentication Settings" for our environment was incorrect. Not only was "Windows Authentication" included, but also "Anonymous Authentication". This has disturbed the PBIRS website running on the same server.

maik73

Hello,

I have additional info to this topic, because we found out that when we stop the Master Data Service (MDS/IIS) which is running on the same server, the reports are opened without multiple logins and working fine.

Looks like the different services fighting each other. Does anyone have experience or documents about such a parallel installation of Report Services and MDS under IIS on the same system? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.