Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zainqazi96
Regular Visitor

What if parameter not working when used in power bi report server

I have created an report in which i have used what if parameters using field and i have passed it on slicer and visual as well , now its working perfectly on power bi service and desktop but it is not working on On prem report server , what could be the issue and what would be the way around

5 REPLIES 5
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zainqazi96 ,

As of now, What-If Parameters are not fully supported in Power BI Report Server. While they work seamlessly in Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Service, their availability in the on-premises Report Server environment is limited.

You can consider alternative approaches:

Use Measures: Instead of calculated columns, create measures that reference the What-If Parameters. Measures are evaluated dynamically based on the report context, allowing you to achieve similar functionality.

Below is the post will help you:

Solved: New Field Parameters feature and May 2022 PBI Repo... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

How can measures perform same functionaliy?? could you please elaborate 

Hi @zainqazi96 ,

Below is my table:

vxiandatmsft_1-1708667536836.png

The final output is shown in the following figure:

vxiandatmsft_0-1708667520501.png

Below is the official link will help you:

Use parameters to visualize variables - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

The documentation does not mention any RS limitations

Use parameters to visualize variables - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you have a Pro license you can open a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi
Otherwise you can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues .

Actually what if parameters for field is not released yet for RS and that's why it wont work 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.