Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sweths11

Web Page Blocked

User is receiving the following error when trying to access the dashboard. I verified his access and he does have access to the dashboard. Any thoughts? Appreciate any help on this.

Web Page blocked!

You have tried to access a web page which belongs to category that is blocked.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Sweths11 

If the user has confirmed access to the dashboard, but is still encountering a web page block error, there are a few possible explanations and troubleshooting steps to consider:

1. Proxy or Firewall Restrictions: The user's network may have proxy servers or firewalls in place that are blocking access to certain website categories. Even if the user has access rights to the dashboard, the network settings could be preventing access. Check with the network administrator or IT department to see if any restrictions are in place.

2. URL Filtering: The specific URL or domain associated with the dashboard may be categorized under a blocked category by web filtering software or services. Even though the user has access rights, the filtering system might be blocking the URL. Verify the URL of the dashboard and ensure it's not categorized under a blocked category.

3. Browser Extensions: Sometimes browser extensions or plugins can interfere with web page access. Ask the user to try accessing the dashboard using a different web browser or in incognito/private browsing mode to see if any extensions are causing the issue.

4. DNS Issues: DNS settings could potentially be causing the block. Ensure the user's DNS settings are configured correctly and not pointing to any servers that may block certain categories of websites.

5. Cache and Cookies: Clearing browser cache and cookies could potentially resolve the issue if it's related to outdated or corrupted data stored in the browser.

6. Misconfigured Permissions: Double-check the user's permissions within the dashboard system. Ensure that there are no misconfigurations or conflicts that could be causing the block.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos !!

johnbasha33
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Sweths11 

If the user has confirmed access to the dashboard, but is still encountering a web page block error, there are a few possible explanations and troubleshooting steps to consider:

1. Proxy or Firewall Restrictions: The user's network may have proxy servers or firewalls in place that are blocking access to certain website categories. Even if the user has access rights to the dashboard, the network settings could be preventing access. Check with the network administrator or IT department to see if any restrictions are in place.

2. URL Filtering: The specific URL or domain associated with the dashboard may be categorized under a blocked category by web filtering software or services. Even though the user has access rights, the filtering system might be blocking the URL. Verify the URL of the dashboard and ensure it's not categorized under a blocked category.

3. Browser Extensions: Sometimes browser extensions or plugins can interfere with web page access. Ask the user to try accessing the dashboard using a different web browser or in incognito/private browsing mode to see if any extensions are causing the issue.

4. DNS Issues: DNS settings could potentially be causing the block. Ensure the user's DNS settings are configured correctly and not pointing to any servers that may block certain categories of websites.

5. Cache and Cookies: Clearing browser cache and cookies could potentially resolve the issue if it's related to outdated or corrupted data stored in the browser.

6. Misconfigured Permissions: Double-check the user's permissions within the dashboard system. Ensure that there are no misconfigurations or conflicts that could be causing the block.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.