Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

JamesW65
Frequent Visitor

Visual not updating Correctly

Hi

I hope you can help.  I have a large power bi report with a over 80 measures and visuals which is refreshed daily from a data warehouse.  I have had an instance where a visual has not been updating correctly.  I have checked the data in the background and that is correct.  The measures used in the visual are correct and have not changed but the visual was not displaying the updated data.  I have taken any filters into consideration when calculating the correct numbers

I deleted the visual and re built it from scratch and now the numbers match expectations

Does anyone know what causes the visuals to stop working correctly and how I can reduce the risk of it happening again

Any help is really appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use (far) fewer measures.  Use the Performance Analyzer and DAX Studio to optimize the remaining measures. Drastically reduce the number of visuals on each report page.  Each page should render in less than five seconds.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use (far) fewer measures.  Use the Performance Analyzer and DAX Studio to optimize the remaining measures. Drastically reduce the number of visuals on each report page.  Each page should render in less than five seconds.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.