Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jluff

User can't access folder despite having the rights to do so.

Hello all,
we are running into the issue that on the Report Server several Users cannot view any folders. Removing and giving access again didn't fix the issue. I was now wondering if we could make a group for those users and give the right to view the folder to the group but this isn't my aim, since they might need to access different folders. Any suggestions on what might work? 

If you need any more info on the power bio versions/ windows versions/ hardware used don't hesitate to ask me.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

we are running into the issue that on the Report Server several Users cannot view any folders.

- Are you giving permission at Report or at Folder level ? If you are giving permisoon to user directly at report then they will not be able to access folder. It needs to be given separately.

I was now wondering if we could make a group for those users and give the right to view the folder to the group but this isn't my aim, since they might need to access different folders

This should be the case to follow, always create a group and assign it to report/folder. This is easy to manage and you don't need to delete/add user at each report.

Any suggestions on what might work? 

One thing that you can do is to create group for each folder and assign users on it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Jluff

Access was given at folder level.

I've setup a test group for now and seems to be working fine for now. Might switch everything to groups in the future then.

Thanks for the quick help.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jluff

Access was given at folder level.

I've setup a test group for now and seems to be working fine for now. Might switch everything to groups in the future then.

Thanks for the quick help.

FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

we are running into the issue that on the Report Server several Users cannot view any folders.

- Are you giving permission at Report or at Folder level ? If you are giving permisoon to user directly at report then they will not be able to access folder. It needs to be given separately.

I was now wondering if we could make a group for those users and give the right to view the folder to the group but this isn't my aim, since they might need to access different folders

This should be the case to follow, always create a group and assign it to report/folder. This is easy to manage and you don't need to delete/add user at each report.

Any suggestions on what might work? 

One thing that you can do is to create group for each folder and assign users on it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.