Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

mj47
Regular Visitor

Upload Error in Power BI Desktop May 2024(After using DAX query view)

Hello all,

When I try to upload pbix file(desktop ver.2024 May ) with using the DAX query view,

I have an issue like below after upgrade to Power BI Report Server 2024 May.

mj47_0-1718686287496.png

Once an error occurs, there is no way to undo it back to before the error occurred.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks for the help.

5 REPLIES 5
v-fenling-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,@d_gosbell thanks for your concern about this issue.Your answer is excellent!

@mj47 I would like to share some additional solutions below.

This error message indicates that the report was created using a version of Power BI Desktop that is not yet supported by the server. This is a common compatibility issue when the server has not been updated to support the latest desktop version.

Ensure that both Power BI Desktop and the Power BI reporting server have been updated to the latest version. Sometimes the server can lag in updates, so I think you may need to wait until the server is updated to support these features.

You can also try to upload reports directly from Power BI Service or directly using Onedrive, SharePoint.

You can also reduce the pbix file size if the file is too large, you can also check out this document for more information: Troubleshoot Power BI Desktop publishing - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

I hope my suggestions give you good ideas, if you have any more questions, please clarify in a follow-up reply.
Best Regards,

Fen Ling,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi @v-fenling-msft 

Thank you for your answer.

But, I'm sure that both Power BI Desktop and the Power BI reporting server have been updated to the latest version because I'm a server manager.

I think there are some compatibility problems with the Dax Query view feature.

When I didn't use Dax Query View feature, there's no issues. 

Is there any server settings to use Dax Query View feature?

Thank you for helps.

@mj47 - my appologies, this error usually happens when people attempt to use the cloud version of desktop with the on-prem report server. But I can reproduce your issue on my local version of Report Server (May 2024). I can see that clicking on the DAX Query View triggers a version update in the pbix file so I think this is a bug. I've flagged this with the MS team, but it could also be worth you raising a support ticket. I'm not aware of any workarounds at the moment.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Thanks for your reply. 

But, I already use same version(Power BI Report Server &Power BI Desktop) May 2024.

and It occurs only when I use Dax Query view features

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.